Camp Grin Again
Camp Grin Again is an activity-based program for children between the ages of Kindergarten & 8th who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Campers receive support through age appropriate groups and participate in age appropriate activities. Splitting the children into age appropriate groups allows the children to connect with others not only their same age but who are also experiencing some of the same things when dealing with the loss of a loved one.
Camp for 2020 will be “Camp On The Go”, a virtual at home camp. This is a brand-new format and we are very excited to be able to offer this to the youth in our community!
- Camp will start on Monday, June 29th and will take place for 4 weeks, through July 20th.
- Each week supply packets will be available at Hospice of Wichita Falls– where children and their parent/guardian can drive through the parking lot to pick up their “Grins2Go” packet each Monday between 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
- Each packet will include all the supplies they will need to complete their grief related crafts and activities at home. These packages include age appropriate activities that are designed to be fun, easy and allow the children to just be children.
- Each activity and instructions provided will relate to a portion of grief that we would have typically talked about at our on-site camp – Changes, emotions, coping skills, support systems, and honoring memories.
- We will be using the hashtag #Grins2Go for the 4 week duration of Camp On The Go! Our staff and volunteers are extremely excited to be involved with this new format and will be working virtually alongside the children, completing the same crafts and activities.
- We encourage children and their families to post pictures of their activities they are working on using the hashtag #Grins2Go
Parents/guardians please register your child below.
Please call our office at 940-691-0982 with any questions.